Python wrapper for C++

hitectahir hitectahir at hotmail.com
Sat May 3 06:44:28 EDT 2003

AoA

I have been trying to build a Python wrapper module for a C++ program
named Sql2Root. Earlier I was using CXX for this purpose, as this was
the tool mentioned in the program's website. But initially i had the
problem that distutilsinvoked gcc for compilation which resulted in
Python giving the error:

undefined symbol: cerr

when the module was imported.

So I manually executed out the same commands using g++ instead of gcc.
But this time on importing I got the error message:

undefined symbol: ObjectAlloc__8TStorageUi

Then i found that i could use the other tool Boost.python. It worked
ok with simple C++ programs (as did CXX for that matter), but for this
particular program, again on trying to import in Python, i got the
message:

undefined symbol: DoErr.....

with some other (apparently) random numbers after that.

Can anyone help me out on this and point me out as to how these errors
may be removed?

Tahir.