not administrator installation of python on windows

BOCQUET Jean-Francois jean-francois.bocquet at eurocontrol.int
Thu May 22 09:12:30 EDT 2003

hello,
I am a perl user and I have switched to python very recently.

My problem concerns the usage of OLE on windows. It seems that OLE support
is not installed because I have installed python as a normal user without
administrator rights. I do not have the administrator rights and I would
like to not require them.

I am not a Windows expert and at first, I thought this was a limitation of
Windows. But it appears that I can use OLE with perl without any limitation.
I have installed perl without administrator rights like python.

I was always told that python can do everything perl can. On this point this
seems to be wrong or perhaps someone could teach me a work around to have an
installation of python with OLE support without administrator rights ?

thanks in advance