python IRC & Command line

Jay O'Connor joconnor at cybermesa.com
Mon May 26 10:17:36 EDT 2003

On Mon, 26 May 2003 10:07:24 -0400, Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com>
wrote:

>> > Yes, it can, and is.
>>
>> Just to add to that statement, I direct you to RedHat Linux. The
>> installer, and the majority of the sysadmin code, is all Python.
>
>RPM uses Python, but I'm uncertain the rest of that statement is correct.
>Could you provide a link to a reference for this info?

I know that when I upgraded from Python 1.5.2 to 2.2.1 I somehow
misplaced some extra python libs provided by RedHat that their own
scripts use and now every time my computer boots I get a Python import
error on my screen when it tries to start lpd :) (something related to
xml utilities)

IIRC Linuxconf is also written in Python.

Those are the only two I have direct experience with, but it's fairly
easy to go trooping through the directories and find RedHat Python
stuff

Take care,
Jay