Py2exe and PyOpenGL problem

Andreas Klostermann bluetigger at web.de
Thu May 1 14:40:35 EDT 2003

Hi!

I tried to get my OpenGl Game to a windows executable, so I wrote a
simpla setup.py as suggested in the docs. The Game itself uses Pygame
for all Image loading, Event processing etc. I have already successfully
used py2exe with Pygame, using the exact same "build" constellation
(Python 2.2, latest Pygame, Numeric, Numarray, PyOpenGL, etc all binaries)
I get this warning:

Built File dist\pyroads\pyroads.exe
removing 'build\bdist.win32\winexe' (and everything under it)
warning: py2exe: could not parse version number ''
  No VersionInfo will be created
warning: py2exe:
warning: py2exe: * The following modules were not found:
warning: py2exe: *   GL.__numeric_support__
warning: py2exe: *   GL.__numeric_present__
warning: py2exe: *   Image
warning: py2exe: *   OpenGL.GLU.gluPickMatrix
warning: py2exe: *   FXPy
warning: py2exe:

Which is not so important as I don't use numeric (too slow in 3d
Vectors), Image, the PickMatrix or FXPy.

Running the resulting exe gives me:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 3, in ?
  File "imputil.pyc", line 132, in _import_hook
  File "<string>", line 70, in _finish_import
  File "imputil.pyc", line 316, in _load_tail
  File "imputil.pyc", line 271, in _import_one
  File "<string>", line 128, in _process_result
  File "OpenGL\GLU\__init__.pyc", line 31, in ?
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'GLUerror'

Needless to say: this does not happen when I run it in the installed
Python Interpreter...