Bug in CPython 2.2.1? - resend

Chad Netzer cnetzer at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Wed May 14 18:15:00 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 14:26, Fernando Perez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm resending this b/c I got zero responses, and it feels like a bug to me

> [~]> cat test.py
> import readline
> readline.get_completer_delims()
>
> [~]> echo 'execfile("test.py");print 10' | python

For Python 2.2.2 on Linux Debian i386, I get a segmentation fault.

For Python 2.3b1, I get an output of '10', so I'm guessing it was a bug
that got fixed in 2.3.

I don't know if there will be a Python 2.2.3 (I'd personally like to see
one, for fixing bugs like this one), but if there is a prerelease for
another in the Python 2.2 line, you should test for this bug against it.

--

Chad Netzer
(any opinion expressed is my own and not NASA's or my employer's)