Definition of 'pickle'

Rami Saarinen rs55862 at NOSPAMyahoo.com
Wed May 28 08:42:01 EDT 2003

anson wrote:
> Dear people,
>
> I don't understand the definition provided in the Python documentation
> for 'pickle':
[snip]

I have had no need of it and I am quite newbie myself on Python, but
AFAIK pickle can be used for example saving (and loading) object
instances to a file, or for example sending instances over the net to
another location (and another application).

Quite like serialization in Java, I think.

--
Rami Saarinen

Please do remove the obvious part from my email address if you wish to
reply personally.