regrtest.py / regression tests in python

Raymond Hettinger vze4rx4y at verizon.net
Sat May 17 10:41:31 EDT 2003

> I was looking for a module which would help writing regression tests.
> regrtest.py seems to be exactly what I was looking for, but as far as I see,
> it's not mentioned in the standard library. Why? Is there a reason not to
> use it, which I'm not aware of?
>
> regards,
> Achim

Some parts of regrtest are specific to Python's suite of self tests.
Still, regrtest.py and test_support.py have enough generality
that Brett Cannon has taken the time to document them.  See the
new docs for Py2.3 at:

    http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/

It is listed in the Global Module Index as "test" and "test.test_support".

Raymond Hettinger