Looking for a basic GUI tutorial

Charles Hixson charleshixsn at earthlink.net
Tue May 6 16:22:28 EDT 2003

Russ Schmidt wrote:
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Russ
Similarly, is there a good tutorial for Python + Gtk that goes beyond
dialogs?  I'm currently trying to piece something together from the
PythonCAD source code, but that's pretty heavy in gtkimage and appears
light on everything else.  (I say appears... it's over 500 pages long,
so I don't really know just what all it's doing.  But it's a silly way
to have to learn the API.)
... all I wanted was to piece together a simple little rogue-like game
as a study project, but the more I try to figure out how, the less
simple it looks!  (I suppose I could use ncurses, but it's so *ugly*!)

--
-- Charles Hixson
Gnu software that is free,