IPC

Max Khesin max at cNOvSisiPonAtecMh.com
Mon May 19 11:28:11 EDT 2003

I am looking to implement a fast IPC mechanism w/python. mmap module looks
ripe for the strorage part of it - can't get faster than shared memory! The
missing link I am looking for here is the signaling part. Basically one of
my processes works as a server and maintains a large data structure in
memory. The client (a CGI script in my case) requests some info about the
data structure (request being stored in shared mem) and waits for the reply.
On windoze I would probably build a queue for the requests and use something
like SetEvent to tell the server that the queue was updated. Then I would
put the client in a waiting state via one of the WaitFor* funcs and have the
server activate it via a windows event or a mutex when the result is ready.
So I am looking for an equivalent (or better) way to do this in python. Also
I had the impression that there is some more direct support in python for
presistent-CGI-in-memory kind of stuff, maybe someone can give me a pointer?
thanks,
max.

Max Khesin, software developer -
max at cNvOiSsPiAoMntech.com