Should I write a book on Python Metaprogramming ?

Stephen Ferg steve at ferg.org
Mon May 5 09:33:02 EDT 2003

> Would you want a book only if it focusses closely on Python?  Or
> would you rather have a book that addressed several languages fairly
> equally, with Python just one among them?

I think your description says what it should be:

  This book aims both to introduce readers to the general concepts
  of metaprogramming--in a way that applies to many programming
  languages--and to illustrate the use of these features in Python.

Stick to a single language for illustration purposes -- that will help
keep the book focussed.  You will spend you time on concepts and their
illustration, rather than on the quirks and syntax of many different
langauges.

Also, it will keep the book shorter (shorter to read, shorter to
write), which makes life easier for both reader and author.