where should I look for sys.stderr output?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon May 12 21:21:49 EDT 2003

Steve Canfield wrote:

> I never did find where the stderr is being written to, but I did find
> my problem.

It probably behooves you to find this out in any case; whatever language
or architecture you're using, the first place to look when things don't
seem to be working right is the Web server error log, which is going to
include the stderr output of any CGI scripts.  It's really in your best
interest to find out where that is on any host you happen to be using,
since you're invariably going to need that information again at some
point in the future.

/  \ I'm the woman whose / Three wishes came true
\__/ Lamya
    Fauxident / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/fauxident/
 A "faux" ident daemon in Python.