Gui Advice Needed: wxPython or PyQT ?

Bjorn Pettersen BPettersen at NAREX.com
Wed May 7 19:47:37 EDT 2003

> From: Ron Stephens [mailto:rstephens at vectron.com]
>
> "Bjorn Pettersen" <BPettersen at NAREX.com> wrote in message
> news:<mailman.1052331193.27550.python-list at python.org>...
>
> > I'm not aware of anything similar for Python/Windows
> > (although I haven't really been looking, so please
> > prove me wrong :-)
> >
> > Since I allready own the VS/NET, it's basically free (to
> > mee :-), so my problem now is how can I get it to work
> > with Python instead of C#?
> >
> > -- bjorn
>
> The only thing I can suggest to you is to try PythonCard. It is the
> only tool I have found that is as easy as Visual Studio, although
> simpler and different. It might not be as easy as Visual Studio for
> all tasks, of course, and it is still alpha, but I think you would
> enjoy trying it out. It is based on wxPython, but makes creating
> simple input-output GUIs pretty amazingly simple.

It's nice, although the seven step/3 downloads installation process
didn't strike me as a good sign <wink>.

I think it made me figure out what my problem is though... I can't ever
remember the name of the events or the event-handlers. With C#, you
double click on the button in design view, which takes you to the
codeview, with a ready generated skeleton for your handler...

-- bjorn