The ternary operator: more than one way to do it?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Mar 11 05:14:16 EST 2003

Thomas Wouters wrote:

> Then why is Python any better than C, C++, Java, Perl, *LISP, etc ?

I didn't make that claim, so I don't feel much need to comment on it.  I
will say that the given example of a pathologically bad use of complex
expressions was one you yourself wrote, and in a prioprietary language
not listed here.

As part of an argument involving why conditional operators would be a
bad idea to add to Python, it is not exactly a convincing example of
misuse, since it's wholly irrelevant.

/  \ Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility.
\__/ James Thurber
    Max Pandaemonium / http://www.maxpandaemonium.com/
 A sampling of Max Pandameonium's music.