[newbie] PIL ImageFont

James Kew james.kew at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 9 05:16:07 EST 2003

Mauro wrote:
> is there any way to use ImageFont under Windows?
> I need either a PILFONT file under windows or to have the -truetype
> method working. At the moment it asks me for _imagingft module that
> seems to be missing.

effbot has an "experimental" _imagingft.pyd available at:
http://effbot.org/pil/index.htm .

Haven't tried them myself, but I'd be interested to know how you get on with
them as I'm considering having a play with them...

effbot also has a pilfonts.zip containing PIL versions of the basic X11
fonts; and I found PIL versions of some Windows fonts at
http://www.cazabon.com/python/ .

--
James Kew
james.kew at btinternet.com