OT: Re: Prime number algo... what's wrong?

Kim Petersen kp at kyborg.dk
Mon Mar 31 01:50:03 EST 2003

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters wrote:
 > (snip)
> I've mentioned to Phil (the site maintainer for the prime number
> resources) that I think he is overbroad in his block--only three
> countries (USA, UK, Australia) are engaging in direct aggression.  The
> rest are merely giving tacit and passive "moral support" to varying
> degrees, and all out of political considerations that have nothing to do
> with Iraq, per se (e.g.  Eastern European nations that want support on
> NATO membership from USA).  Of course, I myself do not block anyone; but
> I have affixed a banner to almost all my pages expressing political
> opinion... which is a far more important thing now than any trite issues
> of programming.

Actually i find it quite allright (i'm blocked because i'm danish) - its
a good reminder to us that even if we're only supporting with one sub, a
corvet (ship) and an advisor - we're just as much involved in this.

Thumbs up to the initiative - and btw. it works - it made quite a stir
in the office and the debating didn't break down until several hours
afterwards.

--
Med Venlig Hilsen / Regards

Kim Petersen - Kyborg A/S