How to better control print and stdout? (thanx)

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sat Mar 15 16:20:07 EST 2003

Drew Smathers wrote:

> Thanks to Jeff Epler, Erik Max Francis, Donn Cave and Peter Hansen.
> All of your suggestions were very helpful.  Okay so here's my finished
> code (an amalgamation of everyone's ideas).  Any further observations
> or even critisms would be much appreciated  (by the way, what exactly
> is the difference between range and xrange?):

range actually creates a list; xrange creates a proxy object that
supports iteration and returns that.  For calls to range that will
generate ranges you know to be tiny, range is probably preferable.

/  \ All bad poetry springs from genuine feeling.
\__/ Oscar Wilde
    Bosskey.net: Unreal Tournament 2003 / http://www.bosskey.net/ut2k3/
 A personal guide to Unreal Tournament 2003.