ftp

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Mar 17 17:18:00 EST 2003

"Enrique Palomo" <enrique.palomo at xgs-spain.com> wrote ...
> Hello all

> There's any python module to transfer files (ftp) only with ftp commands
> (put, get, mput, ...) different of ftplib in which i must open the file to
> transfer, read it, ...

I can't necessarily claim to have done *exactly* what you want, but take a
look at

    http://www.holdenweb.com/Python/PDCode/ftpStream.py

and see whether that doesn't at least make using FTP a little easier.

What you're asking for can very easily be provided by a thin "shim layer"
that uses the ftplib features to offer just the interface you need, in a
similar fashion to the interface I implemented in ftpStream.

regards
Register for PyCon now!            http://www.python.org/pycon/reg.html