I/O Serial and Parallel

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Mar 22 09:37:05 EST 2003

Skender wrote:

> Is there any modules out there which will allow you to address hardware I/O
> ports from Python. I foud a site
> "http://www.hare.demon.co.uk/ioport/ioport.html", but this does not seem to
> compile/work.

You should always specify your platform (hardware, OS, maybe even
versions of everything including Python) before asking such a
low-level question.  The answer general varies greatly depending
on what you need it to run on.

Giving more detail about what you plan to do with this access would
also help.  There may be modules already prepared to help with the
specific job.  For example, your Subject implies you don't just
need general hardware I/O access, but something more specific...

-Peter