closure

David Mertz mertz at gnosis.cx
Tue Mar 25 14:54:59 EST 2003

"Max Khesin" <max at cNOvSisiPonAtecMh.com> wrote previously:
|Thanks - my whole research started out from reading your articles on FP :).
|Q-n: what would the "closure" keyword add that a nested scope cannot
|accomplish?

I think its proponents think that having some special form for closures
would help emphasize the intention of the code to a later programmer.  I
don't think anyone claimed that it would make something possible that
was impossible before (but that's true of lots of things:  listcomps,
nested scopes themselves, yield/generators, etc).

I don't advocate the idea myself (but neither am I particularly opposed
to it).  Search google groups or the list archive for lots more
discussion, or take a look at the related PEP 309.

Yours, David...

--
    _/_/_/ THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Postmodern Enterprises _/_/_/