PyGTK-2 Full-Screen mode.

kkennedy titanrebel at comcast.net
Mon Mar 3 13:47:50 EST 2003

"David M. Cook" <davecook at nowhere.net> wrote in message news:<fXC8a.151572$zL6.82561 at news2.central.cox.net>...
> In article <14bd1399.0303021258.67171d44 at posting.google.com>, kkennedy wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know how to make a window "full-screen" with PyGTK-2?  By
> > full-screen, I mean no decoration and no task bar or panel visible,
> > and preferably the ability to disable the alt-tab functionality.  This
> > would be the eqivalent of the "full-screen-exclusive-mode" in Java SDK
> > 1.4.
>
> I think this might do it:
>
> window1.set_decorated(gtk.FALSE)
> window1.fullscreen()
>
> You'll need to do a bit more to disable alt-tab.
>
> See the API docs for more info:
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWindow.html
>
> Dave Cook

This will be perfect, if it works!  I will try it tonight and let you
know how it goes.  Thanks a lot for the link to some possible
documentation.

Question: How in the world did you interpret those two method calls
from the documentation?  In the documentation the method names are
different and they both require that the GtkWindow be passed as the
first argument.  However, what you have written in Python are
different method names and the exclusion of the GtkWindow argument.
How did you come up with this?