Struggling with ActiveX

Hoang tr at jotsite.com
Thu Mar 6 08:29:26 EST 2003

I am struggling to instantiate an activeX component.  The
Activexwrapper_ie.py example in wxPython creates an object that has a
container.  Is there a way to create a component that doesn't have a
container?  As a simple example, I am trying to instantiate a Microsoft
Calendar control.  Here is the relevant code:
from wxPython.wx import *
from wxPython.lib.activexwrapper import MakeActiveXClass
import win32com.client.gencache

calendar =
win32com.client.gencache.EnsureModule('{8E27C92E-1264-101C-8A2F-040224009C02
ActiveXWrapper = MakeActiveXClass(calendar)

The error message:  AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
'default_source'.  Has anyone working on the Win32 side fallen into this pit
before?

Hoang