PEP 308: an additional "select/case" survey option

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Mar 4 22:40:49 EST 2003

"Clark C. Evans" wrote:

> After some encouragement by Raymond, I'd like to add one more
> item to the survey, if you like what follows perhaps you can
> even *change* your vote (Raymond?) to include:
>
>    Q accept  switch-case
>    Z deny    everything else!

I think it's a tad late for this.  (First of all, a switch...case
expression isn't even at issue for PEP 308; that should be reserved for
antoher PEP.)

The voting process has been confused enough as it is.  Amending it at
this late date to add another option doesn't seem like a very good idea
at all.  (For one thing, how many people who have already voted are
going to bother scrutinizing updates to the voting process?)

/  \ And your daddy died for you / And I'll do the same
\__/ India Arie
    Bosskey.net: Counter-Strike / http://www.bosskey.net/cs/
 A personal guide to Counter-Strike.