Using win32api.GetTickCount() over the network

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Mar 5 17:36:03 EST 2003

Donovan Hide wrote:
> Hi pythonists,
>     is there a way to connect to a remote machine and use
> win32api.GetTickCount() call to measure how long a machine has been up, in a
> smilar way to the MS utility uptime.exe.

You may be able to get this stat from the performance monitor.  The
win32pdh* modules all support remote machines.

> Also does anyone know how to
> control services and processes on remote machines without using other .exe
> utilities such as those from sysinternals.

Ditto for services - the win32 API provides for remote control of
services, and the Python bindings support it.

I don't know of a "standard" way to control normal executables remotely.

Mark.