IDLE - adjust fonts in KDE?

Gilles Lenfant glenfant at NOSPAM.bigfoot.com
Tue Mar 25 14:03:26 EST 2003

"Tipton Bandy" <tipton51 at subdimension.moc> a écrit dans le message de news:
ou0ga.19172$jA2.1723709 at newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net...
> Please forgive me if this is FAQ, but I haven't been able to find the
> answer.
>
> When I run IDLE on WIN98, it looks great.  But when I run it under KDE,
> the type size is too small for my old eyes.

Just a RTFM :o)

Form the IDLE Help :

<copy_paste from="idle help">
Other preferences:

 To change the font on Windows, open EditorWindow.py and change
     text['font'] = ("lucida console", 8)
 to, e.g.,
     text['font'] = ("courier new", 10)
</copy_paste>

This is not clearly indicated but this works with Unix too !

"lucida console", 10 is perfect to me but you may prefer another monotype
font available to your system.

Note : this has no connection with KDE since IDLE is not a KDE app.

--Gilles