is win api available in native python

Dave Brueck dave at pythonapocrypha.com
Tue Mar 25 15:21:36 EST 2003

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, David Bolen wrote:

> Dave Brueck <dave at pythonapocrypha.com> writes:
>
> > On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, David Bolen wrote:
> >
> > > BTW, you don't mention your Windows platform, but the
> > > InternetAutodialHangup API is a Windows CE specific API.
> >
> > Tiny correction: the MSDN docs say Win95 or later (assuming IE 4 or
> > later). On my W2k machine:
>
> Oops thanks - on my local MSDN (10/2002), the main
> InternetAutodialHangup entry is only for CE, but there's a separate
> InternetAutodialHangup [WinInet] entry that covers the other platforms
> that I missed.

Ugh - I had that exact same problem and it drove me crazy. Finally I
noticed that you can define your own subset of MSDN so my subset has
everything minus Wince docs and a few other really useless ones. I'd love
to pare it down more but sometimes an answer I need turns up in some
obscure, seemingly unrelated "VB for Office" article or something.
Grrrr...

-Dave