newbie help: best way manage subprocesses

Paul Sherwood p.sherwood at dl.ac.uk
Fri Mar 28 12:31:20 EST 2003

Gerhard,

> Looks like popen2.Popen3 might be what you want. Unfortunately, it
> doesn't seem to be available on Windows, only on Unix.

thanks for that. Unfortunately Windows is the more important platform
just now!   I have been reading around this a bit more and it seems that I
will have to abandon any cross-platform approach and look at the win32api
functions.

It would be really helpful if anyone knows of a simple example I could
start from, just to create a process under Windows, handle the output
as it is generated and then (in the event that something appears to have
gone  wrong) allow the calling process to request the subprocess to exit.

thanks again,

Paul