DCOracle2 on aix5?

Neal Norwitz neal at metaslash.com
Thu Mar 20 09:14:50 EST 2003

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:39:27 -0500, Scherer, Bill wrote:

> Has anybody had any luck getting DCOracle2 to compile on AIX5 with
> Oracle 9i ?
>
> Specifically:
>   DCOracle2 is DCOracle2-1.2
>   AIX is 5.1 on powerpc (64 bit)
>   Python is 2.2.2
>   compiler is "C for AIX Compiler, Version 6"

Have you gotten Python to compile on AIX 5?  AFAIK, AIX doesn't build
(with dynamic modules) on AIX 4.2 and beyond without a patch (see
Misc/AIX-NOTES).  I would be interested in improving AIX support,
but I only have access to a few AIX 4.2 and 4.3 machines.

I'm also interested in testing on an AIX 64-bit platform.

Neal