Standard Palm file module?

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Sun Mar 23 11:47:26 EST 2003

I just came down with a case of Perl envy.

Perl has a standard (well, it's in CPAN, which is almost the same
thing) module for dissecting and rewriting Palm pdb files. There
doesn't seem to be any such thing available for the Python.

Ok, writing my own wasn't hard. I'd like to propose it - or a modified
version, after discussion here - for inclusion in the standard
libraries. Yes, it's not something that everyone will use. But it's
also not a very large piece of code.

Does anyone have any other thoughts on this? Thoughts about what it
should and shouldn't do? Thoughts on why this kind of thing should or
sholdn't be in the standard library?

        Thanks,
        <mike