Vote on PEP 308: Addenda

Martin Maney maney at pobox.com
Thu Mar 6 19:59:56 EST 2003

Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> wrote:
> John Roth wrote:
>
>> I trust Guido on something like this, which is why I'm wondering
>> what all the fuss is about.
>
> Probably the principle that if something's worth doing, it's worth doing
> _right_.

Well, I can agree with that principle - which is why I've been on
vacation from this absurd brouhaha for a while.  I'm happy to say that
I've been too busy to argue about how to vote on the method for a vote
that's just an overhyped popularity contest to pay any attention to it.
I've even put some of the time I saved into actually working on using
Python to do what needs doing.  Other bits have, alas, been squandered
on shovelling snow.

It's been very nice - reminded me of why I fell into this time sink in
the first place.  I'm afraid it's also why I will likely be dropping it
from the news spool eventually.  Talking about my favorite langauge is
a wonderful, thoroughly enjoyable pastime, but ultimately I enjoy
getting work done even more.

Now if I can just pull myself away.... must resist... undertow...

<glub>

Have fun storming the windmill!