Free-threading, COM and Multiple CPU's

Engel, Gregory Gregory_Engel at csgsystems.com
Fri Mar 21 17:28:03 EST 2003

At the very end of Mark Hammond and Andy Robinson's excellent book, "Python Programming on Win32" they provide example code for creating free-threaded objects, demonstrating that COM spins up a new thread to host objects created by a main thread.  My question is, under these conditions would the free-threaded COM objects utilize the resources of multiple CPU's?  Unfortunately, I am not developing on a multiple CPU box yet may be required to deploy on a multiple CPU box.

Many thanks,

Gregory Engel
Senior Software Engineer

My other computer is spongy gray matter.