PEP 308: Pep Update

Sheila King usenet at thinkspot.net
Sun Mar 2 02:15:48 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 23:31:03 +0100, "Anders J. Munch" <andersjm at inbound.dk>
wrote in comp.lang.python in article
<Qmw7a.98775$Hl6.9497242 at news010.worldonline.dk>:

> Pop quiz: What is the value of this alternate universe list
> comprehension expression?
>
>    [for x in (1,2): for y in (-1,+1): x*y]

I find this one very confusing. Was your intent that it should be clear and
obvious? Or was your intent to show how this type of thing could be
confusing? I was not sure.

I looked at it, and thought there could be a couple of different ways of
interpreting it, but I didn't know what to make of the syntax, as this is
not analagous to anything currently available in the language.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/