pylibpcap for Win32?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Mar 21 15:19:23 EST 2003

In article <slrnb7mrvm.18c.gh at lilith.my-fqdn.de>, Gerhard Häring wrote:

>> I've been looking for a pylibpcap module for Win32. [...]
>
> libpcap can be compiled on win32 and there should even be
> binaries around (the Ethereal I use on win32 uses libpcap).

I know.  I've got both Ethereal and libpcap installed on win32
systems.

> Is there a specific problem compiling the Python wrapper on
> win32?

Don't know.  I don't have a C compiler for Win32, and I've
never SWIG'ed anything under Windows before.  If I'm going to
have to learn C programming under Win32, it's probably less
work to just read the packets in Python...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm working under
                                  at               the direct orders of WAYNE