Python Advocacy and "hard" data

Iwan van der Kleyn none at none.com
Mon Mar 31 10:37:17 EST 2003

Recently I've been trying to convince a customer to switch to Python. I
can cough up the party line when advocating Python and that proves
relatively successfull. However, when pressed for "hard data" I am at a
loss. With hard data the customer means esentially: "ok, you claim that
Python increases productivity, but where can I find proof of that?".

In other words, what I need is not apocryphal stories from the converted
but "objective" (haha) reports from institutions like Gartner or
statements from universitites or companies praising Python's qualities.

Are these anywhere to be found?

Regards,

Iwan