Flying With Python (Strong versus Weak Typing)

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Mar 11 03:56:53 EST 2003

Hasoob ahs wrote:

> Would you be comfortable?. Your answer may help me decide between
> strong and weak typing. I prefer an answer of yes or no followed by an
> explanation.

Software quality has to do with the strength of the engineers and the
strength of the quality assurance team.  It doesn't hinge precipitously
on whether the language they use is strong vs. weak typing or
(presumably what you really meant, since Python is strongly typed)
static vs. dynamic typing.  It matters on whether the engineers and
quality people know what they're doing.

/  \ You'll learn / Life is worth it / Watch the tables turn
\__/ TLC
    REALpolitik / http://www.realpolitik.com/
 Get your own customized newsfeed online in realtime ... for free!