MingW question

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Wed Mar 12 15:53:58 EST 2003

I've failed miserably to create a line-coverage report with MSVC6 for my
extension module under Windows.

On the web I've found docs for GCC's gcov utility, and I was surprised
how easy it was to create this info under Linux with gcc (which probably
shows that I don't really know much about Linux ;-).

>From reading this list, I have the impression that it's simple (at least
possible) to compile extensions with MingW for standard (MSVC compiled)
Python.

Is the gcov utility also available for MingW? Am I right that MingW runs
under standard Windows (XP Pro in this case) without needing Cygwin?

Thanks,

Thomas