DCOracle2 on aix5?

Neal Norwitz neal at metaslash.com
Thu Mar 20 11:25:05 EST 2003

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 10:46:33AM -0500, Bill.Scherer at VerizonWireless.com wrote:

> > > Has anybody had any luck getting DCOracle2 to compile on AIX5 with
> > > Oracle 9i ?
> > >
> > > Specifically:
> > >   DCOracle2 is DCOracle2-1.2
> > >   AIX is 5.1 on powerpc (64 bit)
> > >   Python is 2.2.2
> > >   compiler is "C for AIX Compiler, Version 6"
> >
> > Have you gotten Python to compile on AIX 5?
>
> I wasn't aware it didn't. and just tried configure, make, make install. I've
> not have any problems yet, although I haven't exercised it much.  Oracle
> connectivity is holding me back...
>
> >  AFAIK, AIX doesn't build
> > (with dynamic modules) on AIX 4.2 and beyond without a patch (see
> > Misc/AIX-NOTES).  I would be interested in improving AIX support,
> > but I only have access to a few AIX 4.2 and 4.3 machines.
> >
> > I'm also interested in testing on an AIX 64-bit platform.
>
> It runs. If thers something you'd like me to test, let me know.

Could you try building 2.2.3 (from CVS) and 2.3 (from CVS) and run
the regression test suite (make test)?

I have some machines which crash when importing .so libraries.  I have
a patch which fixes this.  Could you test the patch to make sure it
doesn't break anything on your box(es)?  If so, I will post the patch
to SF.

Neal