Nice quote

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Mon Mar 31 00:19:56 EST 2003

Jeremy Bowers wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 18:30:28 +0100, Just wrote:
>>   """The Python people also piped to say "everything's just
>>      fine here" but then they always do, I really must learn that
>>      language."""
>
> Would somebody amplify on this please? What XML library do we have that's
> easier to use then DOM or SAX for real world tasks that doesn't require
> reading the whole file into memory to work?

Well, at PyCon 2003, there was a talk about Satine.
http://satine.sourceforge.net/
"Satine converts XML documents to Python lists with attributes (xlist)"

I think that it attempts to load portions of the XML stream into memory only
as needed.  I'm not sure whether the entire document ends up in memory or
not...I missed most of the talk. :-(

---Tom