Question regarding a recent article on informit.com

Ben S bens at replytothegroupplease.com
Thu Mar 20 06:10:44 EST 2003

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

>> Is this second sentence true, or is that just an opinion from someone
>> who favours the imperative style to the functional style? What else
>> could have been meant by this?
>
> Well, it was the impression the author gained through reading through
> the mailing lists and the newsgroup. I didn't mean that you get
> deprecation warnings when you use them.
>
> Anyway, I personally am quite fond of the constructs.

Thanks for replying! I thought it best to post here than to mail you the
question directly.

I don't know Python well enough to be fond of the constructs, but I've
been meaning to start using Python again recently and was a little
surprised to see that a lot of the functionality that I'd taken to be an
'important' part of the language, from reading this newsgroup in the
past, was being superceded by other features.

Perhaps I just need more up-to-date examples?

--
Ben Sizer
http://pages.eidosnet.co.uk/kylotan