TextPad and Python

Sheila King usenet at thinkspot.net
Fri Mar 7 12:54:31 EST 2003

On 6 Mar 2003 21:18:28 -0800, phrogeeb at hotmail.com (Uri) wrote in
comp.lang.python in article
<8a0bb987.0303062118.201471b8 at posting.google.com>:

> Trying to get TextPad (http://www.textpad.com) to work with Python. It
> has lots of neat features like a file full of syntax coloring codes
> and an easy key-combination that executes the file in buffer and
> places output in a new TextPad window.
>
> I'm running into a question that I've seen come up a couple of times
> with Emacs. (Is Emacs on Win better than TextPad, even if I'm just a
> newbie?) I can run simple files that come up just fine in the new
> window. However, anything including input of any sort returns an error
> code that looks like:
>
> <TRACEBACK>
> Hello?Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\test.pyw", line 1, in ?
>     a = raw_input("Hello?")
> EOFError: EOF when reading a line
>
> Tool completed with exit code 1
> </TRACEBACK>

> Can anyone give me any suggestions?

To run python programs which require input parameters in Textpad, go to the
Tools menu

Tools >> Run...

This will bring up a screen with the following input options:

Command: <put full path to the Python.exe binary here>
Parameters: <put your command line parameters here>

Parameters could look like this:

C:\scripts\myscript.py arg1 arg2 arg3

for example

That should do it for you?