ANN: Ballot for Complementary PEP308 Ternary VOTE

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Mar 5 18:03:14 EST 2003

"Manuel M. Garcia" wrote:

> Your message may have been canceled because it was misinterpreted as
> an attempt to disrupt the voting.  Your intentions are obviously good
> (obvious to me), but every element of the PEP voting has led to heated
> discussions, and there is the possibility of someone trying to derail
> the vote.  Your post should not have been deleted, but I would like to
> be charitable and think it that person who did it had good intentions
> too.
>
> I am not even sure who might have the power to delete the post, if
> anyone.  If it was only a Usenet glitch, it would not be the first
> one.

I don't think there's any reason to think cancellation was involved.  It
strikes me as very sensationalistic to even bring it up without any
evidence or inclination that it in fact occurred.

/  \ It's a man's world, and you men can have it.
\__/ Katherine Anne Porter
    The laws list / http://www.alcyone.com/max/physics/laws/
 Laws, rules, principles, effects, paradoxes, etc. in physics.