Vote on PEP 308: Ternary Operator

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Mar 2 05:40:09 EST 2003

Raymond Hettinger wrote:

> If there are any questions or discussion, please use the newsgroup.
> The email address listed above is only for ballots.

Um, wasn't there general agreement on both sides that purposes would be
best served by voting on each alternative separately, including an
option for "no change"?  The debate seemed to be about whether the
process should involve yes/no voting for each entry or yes/no/abstain.

For instance, there are more than three forms I'd _accept_ (in terms of
being willing to tolerate), but there are fewer than three I'd
affirmatively vote for, and there are more than three I'd decidedly vote
against.  If one has to pick only three and vote to accept or decline
them, this doesn't give the opportunity to really express one's opinion
of each choice ("These I'd like, these I'd tolerate, these I wouldn't
like").

Is this vote blessed by Guido, or is it a unilateral action?  Someone
else was claiming that they were going to be holding the vote up tp this
point.

/  \ Virtue has never been as respectable as money.
\__/ Mark Twain
    Python chess module / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/chess/
 A chess game adjudicator in Python.