Logging _into_ an application

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Mar 24 19:15:57 EST 2003

Stefan Schwarzer wrote:

> Peter Hansen wrote:
> > You don't seem to have followed up on the twisted.manhole suggestion
> > yet, or you probably wouldn't still be just talking about this. ;-)
> > If you don't like the example there, there's also the backdoor into
> > medusa (check in Zope, for example) via the "monitoring server"
> > (I vaguely recall that's what it's called).  Don't bother redoing
> > this stuff from scratch without a good reason... others have already
> > been here.
>
> Actually, I had searched Google for manhole. But from reading the pages
> I found it seemed to me that it was not easily to use in own applications
> but rather be specific to Twisted.
>
> Perhaps I misunderstood what I found. Do you have a suggestion for a page
> (URL) that describes best how to use manhole with another application?

No, but we were able to take medusa's "equivalent" (I assume it is
roughly equivalent... I have _not_ actually looked at manhole yet),
as a template for putting similar capability into our own app.  I
assume (again... just assumptions here) that one could do something
similar with manhole.  Having tried out twisted for the first time
today, and having seen Jp's response, I'm unsure if that's true.

-Peter