Problem Using win32security

John Abel johnfabel at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 17 14:45:39 EST 2003

Hi,

I am trying to use win32security.LogonUser().  However, I always get this:

    api_error: (1314, 'LogonUser', 'A required privilege is not held by
the client.')

The code isn't spectaculer:

    import win32security, win32con

    logonHandle = win32security.LogonUser( 'johnab',
                                       None,
                                       'test',
                                        win32con.LOGON32_LOGON_INTERACTIVE,
                                        win32con.LOGON32_PROVIDER_DEFAULT )

I'm running the code, whilst logged on as Administrator.  Has anyone any
pointers?

Thanks

John