A suggestion for a possible Python module

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sat Mar 8 16:06:43 EST 2003

Thomas Wouters wrote:

> Well, if you want to, say, index a list of email addresses or
> hostnames with
> btree, and you want to be able to efficiently match domain-parts,
> reversing
> the string is useful. If I were doing such a thing, I would do it all
> the
> time. :)

Sounds like it would be better to reverse the list of dot-separated FQDN
components, which is already available with the list's reverse method:

	l = name.split('.')
	l.reverse()

/  \ I am an island / A little freak of melancholy
\__/ Lamya
    Official Omega page / http://www.alcyone.com/max/projects/omega/
 The official distribution page for the popular Roguelike, Omega.