Object oriented databae for Python

Konstantin Knizhnik knizhnik at garret.ru
Fri Mar 21 12:53:14 EST 2003

Hello achrist,

aec> Konstantin Knizhnik wrote:

aec> ? This is first release of DyBASE. So I could not call it stable:)
>> But DyBASE is actually based on GigaBASE core and it is almost five
>> years old and is stable enough.

aec> Thanks much for the additional info.  I was looking at DyBase and
aec> GigaBASE and FASTBASE last night, and wondering how hard it would
aec> be to get these to talk to Python.

aec> I had a little problem with the Dyabase distribution ...

aec> The binaries require MSVCR70D.DLL.  That's a file that's part of
aec> the current MS developer products, but it's not redistributable.
aec> So, my programs wouldn't be redistributable if they used the
aec> binaries.  Worse, I don't even have MSVCR70D.DLL installed on my
aec> machine.

aec> I expect I'll be trying to re-build this with MSVC++ v6 with
aec> debugging off in a couple of hours.

aec> Hope that works.  Any tips?

I have rebuild DyBASE with LIBC (instead of MSVCRT)?
Can you check if it fix the problem?
New version canbe uploaded from my site
www.garret.ru/~knizhnik/dybase.html

And certainly there are should be no problems with rebuilding DyBASE
with VC 6.0.

aec> Al

--
Best regards,