persistent db conn

Harald Armin Massa clpl.19.ghum at spamgourmet.com
Sat Mar 22 16:02:41 EST 2003

Luigi,

to keep connections persistent...

one idea: use scgi
http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/scgi/

SCGI will give you a long running Python process, which can stay
connected to whichever Database.

(And if you think that connecting to MySQL or Postgresql takes a lot of
time, try Oracle with the 7.x client! *G*)

A packet using SCGI
http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/quixote/

Another option: you may leave a python process running, which is
connected to the database, and connect from the other python process (the
one with you webserver) to this process.

www.twistedmatrix.org

can give you a framework to make the communication - I think they call it
banana. Also SOAP, CORBA and a third process to process communication is
available. (I remember a VERY easy to understand example of SOAP-
Communication presented on IBMs developerwork pages)

Good look

Harald