OT: Recommended Linux Laptops, suppliers?

Cliff Wells LogiplexSoftware at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 18 15:23:59 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 12:06, Cliff Wells wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 11:15, Brian Quinlan wrote:

> > > Ah.  Excellent.  Does it require another Apple to do the remote
> > display
> > > or special software on the client?
> >
> > I would guess that writing a non-Apple client would be very difficult.
>
> And this is why using X11 would have been a benefit (at least to some of
> us).

Unless of course, the VNC project ever does an OSX port.  That would at
least partially solve the problem.  It isn't as flexible as X, but at
least remote computing would be a possibility from a non-Apple client.
That would increase my interest somewhat.

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)