Understanding sockets?

G gharik at comcast.net
Thu Mar 27 12:37:34 EST 2003

Hi Alex,

I would like to have a centralized queue running on the server.
This server will accept connections from several clients.
Each client will have the ability to  put a list of serialized objects into
the queue,
and the ability to get a list of serialized objects from queue.
The client will be running "forever" and will put and get in/from the queue
several times.  I do not want the overhead of creating and tearing down
the socket for each message. My preliminary design for the messages
was to signal in the first element of the list whether the message is a
put or get, and then handle the message appropriately.
Is this more clear?

Thanks.
Ralph