IndentationError: two many levels of indentation

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Mar 12 10:04:06 EST 2003

"Greg Ewing (using news.cis.dfn.de)" <me at privacy.net> writes:

> Alex Martelli wrote:
> > Removing the limit altogether ... might be
> > achieved by turning those arrays into dynamically resized ones,
>
> Use a Python list object!
>
> Probably the reason it doesn't already do that is because
> Guido wrote the tokeniser before any of the rest of
> Python existed.

Also, there is the wierdness that some files get linked into both pgen
and Python.

> Hmmm... isn't someone working on rewriting parts of
> the core in Python? That might make the problem go
> away, too.

I'm not sure anyone's done a lexer yet.  But yes, I'd be surprised if
anyone who did it was thorough enough to duplicate implementation
limits :-)

Cheers,
M.

--
  please realize that the Common  Lisp community is more than 40
  years old.  collectively, the community has already been where