Searching in Active Directory (also using LDAP in Windows)

Rudy Schockaert rudy.schockaert at pandora.be
Tue Mar 25 12:19:58 EST 2003

Hi,

I have a troubles accessing Active Directory. When I use Mark Hammond's
win32com extensions, I can connect and bind to the server, but when I try to
enumerate an OU, I sometimes get results back, but not always.
Also when I enumerate the first time, and it works, it won't work a second
time, unless I delete the objects and recreate them.

I also tried to create a simple query using ADODB.RecordSets, but that
doesn't work at all.

I also tried Python-LDAP, but no avail either.

Has anyone been able to access or search Active Directory succesfully? I
googled till passed midnight yesterday, but couldn't find anything helpfull.

Does anyone know of another LDAP module for Python on Windows?

I can always send some example scripts if someone's interested.

Thanks in advance,

Rudy